Moonstone: Scene 1
G Minor Marcato
I didn't want to eat. I had been laying in bed for three days now in my new room - the room they had moved me to after I had recovered in the medic pod. It wasn't my room. I wasn't even in the same section of the house. Two more days until the remembrance ceremony would be held to remember the only life I had ever known. I would be saying goodbye to myself. I was so angry. I wanted to scream! I just rolled over in bed instead.
The doors to my new room chirped happily. Even the announcement for the door was wrong! My room had a nice full tone sound, not this fluffy happy chirpy noise.
"Um, it's Dune, your uh brother."
GAH! I didn't want to see anyone, especially not any of my brothers!
"Uh we all miss him too, and you need to eat, so I brought you something that he used to love, but don't tell anyone because uh Flowers aren't supposed to eat this stuff..." His voice trailed.
He didn't bring me some crappy fluffy plant food? Woo hoo! I sat up in bed and signaled the doors to open.
"Uh hi. I brought... um, this uh Coffee here, and some fish stuff. He loved this stuff."
Now he was talking my language!
"It's ok, come in, I'll eat some." I'll eat the entire thing and then some.
He came in to my fluffy new room with the tray and sat it in front of me. I pointed to the chair beside the foo foo desk. I drank my first sip of coffee in nearly a week.
"Oh uh yeah, I'm Dune, your uh brother... You don't look anything like him. Oh I'm sorry, I shouldn't just blurt things out."
No, I look like a fluffy, spoiled, foo foo flower female.
"What time is it?"
"Second Dusk."
GAH. When did it get so late?
The door chirped brightly. Without thinking, I just opened the doors. In walked Drendyn and Itxata. Could I have any more visitors today?
"Oh Dune, excuse us, but we have some arrangements we must go over with our sister right now." Drendyn excused Dune from the room. Why wasn't anyone saying my name, er well, my new name anyway? I'm not invisible!
"Oh ok, I should be going anyway, I have final studies to go finish."
AH! STUDIES! AAAAH!
When Dune had left my foo foo room, Itxata hustled me out of bed.
"Come on, we have to get going now. The Garden Keepers will come back to Ikebana in a very short while to open the Garden. We have to get there before them."
"What?"
"I'll explain when we're at Ikebana. Here put on this cloak, and no no no, cover your head, do not pull down the hood."
She sure was a pushy flower.
Drendyn gathered some stuff out of my new fluffy closet. Hellfire! My new closet was stuffed with pink feathery things! I HATE PINK! Itxata pushed me out the doors.
"No time for thinking, let's go."
Can I just say that I've lived in this house all my life and I've never seen the halls that Drendyn led us through? Where was I exactly? And then POOF we were out at the front gate. What was all the rush about? Could someone please straighten out my life for me now?
"Come on you turtle! We need to get there QUICKLY." Shove. Shove. Hellfire! She was so pushy!
"If you'd let me dress like I used to, this wouldn't be a problem!"
"You're a flower now! Get used to it!"
GAH!
I didn't want to eat. I had been laying in bed for three days now in my new room - the room they had moved me to after I had recovered in the medic pod. It wasn't my room. I wasn't even in the same section of the house. Two more days until the remembrance ceremony would be held to remember the only life I had ever known. I would be saying goodbye to myself. I was so angry. I wanted to scream! I just rolled over in bed instead.
The doors to my new room chirped happily. Even the announcement for the door was wrong! My room had a nice full tone sound, not this fluffy happy chirpy noise.
"Um, it's Dune, your uh brother."
GAH! I didn't want to see anyone, especially not any of my brothers!
"Uh we all miss him too, and you need to eat, so I brought you something that he used to love, but don't tell anyone because uh Flowers aren't supposed to eat this stuff..." His voice trailed.
He didn't bring me some crappy fluffy plant food? Woo hoo! I sat up in bed and signaled the doors to open.
"Uh hi. I brought... um, this uh Coffee here, and some fish stuff. He loved this stuff."
Now he was talking my language!
"It's ok, come in, I'll eat some." I'll eat the entire thing and then some.
He came in to my fluffy new room with the tray and sat it in front of me. I pointed to the chair beside the foo foo desk. I drank my first sip of coffee in nearly a week.
"Oh uh yeah, I'm Dune, your uh brother... You don't look anything like him. Oh I'm sorry, I shouldn't just blurt things out."
No, I look like a fluffy, spoiled, foo foo flower female.
"What time is it?"
"Second Dusk."
GAH. When did it get so late?
The door chirped brightly. Without thinking, I just opened the doors. In walked Drendyn and Itxata. Could I have any more visitors today?
"Oh Dune, excuse us, but we have some arrangements we must go over with our sister right now." Drendyn excused Dune from the room. Why wasn't anyone saying my name, er well, my new name anyway? I'm not invisible!
"Oh ok, I should be going anyway, I have final studies to go finish."
AH! STUDIES! AAAAH!
When Dune had left my foo foo room, Itxata hustled me out of bed.
"Come on, we have to get going now. The Garden Keepers will come back to Ikebana in a very short while to open the Garden. We have to get there before them."
"What?"
"I'll explain when we're at Ikebana. Here put on this cloak, and no no no, cover your head, do not pull down the hood."
She sure was a pushy flower.
Drendyn gathered some stuff out of my new fluffy closet. Hellfire! My new closet was stuffed with pink feathery things! I HATE PINK! Itxata pushed me out the doors.
"No time for thinking, let's go."
Can I just say that I've lived in this house all my life and I've never seen the halls that Drendyn led us through? Where was I exactly? And then POOF we were out at the front gate. What was all the rush about? Could someone please straighten out my life for me now?
"Come on you turtle! We need to get there QUICKLY." Shove. Shove. Hellfire! She was so pushy!
"If you'd let me dress like I used to, this wouldn't be a problem!"
"You're a flower now! Get used to it!"
GAH!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home