Hematite: Scene 2
Huh. I still tasted that metallic scent.
Holy hell! My head was pounding like people were beating on it from the inside. Then I tried to move.
"It's going to hurt like hell for a while."
Who said that? Were my eyes shut or was I unable to see? I tried opening my eyes. Ok, they were just shut.
"Hi!"
There was this cute female standing over me.
"So ok, what was a flower doing dressed up as a student - and why were you out so late by yourself - and do you know who hit you?"
I blinked.
She knelt down next to me. Her bobbed blue hair caught in her glasses and it took her a moment to get her hair untangled. "Let's try just one question here. What's a flower like you doing dressed up as a student?"
I opened my mouth to speak, and found it was a bit difficult to make the sounds to form words... like I was just using my voice for the first time.
"I AM a STUDENT."
"Uh, I think that you must have whacked your head harder than I thought. You're a female, and you're dressed up as a student."
I blinked again. A female? I'm not a female!
"I'm not a female. I AM a MALE."
She frowned.
She reached over to the side and rustled around a bit. I didn't dare move my head for fear of the pain. She held up a mirror in front of my eyes.
I just stared at the reflection.
My face.
My face wasn't my face.
It wasn't ANYTHING I was used to seeing. My skin. My eyes. Everything was wrong.
HOW WAS I A FEMALE?!
"It's not that bad."
I snapped my jaw shut. What was I? Was I a weed?
"Just be content that I found you and not someone else... I can at least appreciate your situation."
"My... family..."
"Yeah, that was my next question..."
Neither of us said anything.
"Well, let me get you a traveling cloak - you can't go out like that."
What would I do?
Holy hell! My head was pounding like people were beating on it from the inside. Then I tried to move.
"It's going to hurt like hell for a while."
Who said that? Were my eyes shut or was I unable to see? I tried opening my eyes. Ok, they were just shut.
"Hi!"
There was this cute female standing over me.
"So ok, what was a flower doing dressed up as a student - and why were you out so late by yourself - and do you know who hit you?"
I blinked.
She knelt down next to me. Her bobbed blue hair caught in her glasses and it took her a moment to get her hair untangled. "Let's try just one question here. What's a flower like you doing dressed up as a student?"
I opened my mouth to speak, and found it was a bit difficult to make the sounds to form words... like I was just using my voice for the first time.
"I AM a STUDENT."
"Uh, I think that you must have whacked your head harder than I thought. You're a female, and you're dressed up as a student."
I blinked again. A female? I'm not a female!
"I'm not a female. I AM a MALE."
She frowned.
She reached over to the side and rustled around a bit. I didn't dare move my head for fear of the pain. She held up a mirror in front of my eyes.
I just stared at the reflection.
My face.
My face wasn't my face.
It wasn't ANYTHING I was used to seeing. My skin. My eyes. Everything was wrong.
HOW WAS I A FEMALE?!
"It's not that bad."
I snapped my jaw shut. What was I? Was I a weed?
"Just be content that I found you and not someone else... I can at least appreciate your situation."
"My... family..."
"Yeah, that was my next question..."
Neither of us said anything.
"Well, let me get you a traveling cloak - you can't go out like that."
What would I do?


1 Comments:
At 1:13 PM,
Peach said…
Yeah, when I come back to editing, I'll revise it so it's clearer that only males can be students.
I should also proabably explain that the main character can't move too much to see what Itxata is getting into, and it's also quite dark.
Gotta debate if I want to explain what a weed here is or not....
Post a Comment
<< Home