Fire Opal: Scene 11

Db Minor Fieramente

I felt like a sober addict that just walked into a hotbed of mesh-x abusers. Quiet power. Heh. I'm not going to let Kast pull me down. Intris had the haughtiest look I've ever seen. Oh yeah, you die. I took my seat and started arranging my portfolio. It was only Kast and Intris here so far.
"Is she always this serious?"
"Yes. She gets right to business and doesn't waste one moment."
GRRRRRRRR. I WAS SITTING RIGHT HERE!
"How well does she do in the discussions?"
"Mostly she listens and makes notes, and then of course she makes the appropriately vague statements about Tryst's leanings. Sometimes though, she can pack a punch with her comments. Well, for a Flower anyway. I don't expect she fully understands the comments that she provides, but nonetheless, they are quite thought-provoking to the thinking males, anyway."
MUST. NOT. KILL. NOW. Calm down. You're being baited. I pulled down the interface. Just keep your mind on something else for now. I searched for information on Zyrenak.
"Of course, what can you expect, it's not like Tryst ever knows what's going on."
"No, of course not. I surely wouldn't trust that uneducated neophyte with any real situations or information, so I guess it's only fitting that he have a marginally intelligent Flower - she's probably the boss in that relationship."
"Well, She's not his yet. I've given her family an offer for her that I don't think they will refuse."
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. You mean an offer that they shouldn't refuse for the fear of your anger. I could provide them both with poisoned coffee. I could serve it to them and that would be the end. Boom. No more Kast.
"Do you know how many offers her family has received?"
"Quite a few, actually."
"I doubt she's really worth all of the fuss, but you can't beat those credentials."
"It's not her credentials I want."

I had the stylus ready in my hand. I was going to jump up on the table and shove it into his throat. Bet you wouldn't be able to talk then! HA! Then I would strangle Intris. And maybe bite off his lips. DIE DIE DIE!
"Oh good, I'm early. I thought I would be late." Zyrenak walked into the conference room. He looked at my stylus. I still had it in a stabbing position. He took a seat next to me.
"You know, I had the most incredible talk with the CSI unit. It turns out that there were possibly two individuals that broke into Biolazin, apparently trying to steal information from our living metal lab. It turns out that during their destruction spree, some samples of clothing and DNA caught on a few of the glass fragments. Of course the CSI unit is analyzing these samples and all of the rest of the evidence recovered from the lab, but they're fairly certain that it was two males, with possibly yellow and / or red based pigmentation."
Uhhhh, WHAT? HUH?
Zyrenak gave Intris and Kast a very evil smile.
Maybe I really was dumb. Ikaen and Tao entered the conference room with giant cups of coffee. I could smell it before they even entered. Tao liked his coffee with milk. It smelled heavenly. Who was the nidjit that decided that Flowers could only have 'light' beverages?
"The other Flowers will not be joining us today, as they are observing the hybridization ceremonies taking place at Xeixing Garden."
Great. It's me against the males. The fog hadn't lifted from Iaonin. I had an incoming message from Dune.
"Those Flowers that you had removed based upon the fake Weed information? Well, they just went through an open public trial, where their samples were taken and tested. They actually WERE WEEDS! They were shown screaming and causing all kinds of chaos when the sentence was read."
Eh. I want to wake up now. I still hadn't had a case of the shakes.
"Dune, can you get a brain scan on me?"
"Uhhh.... That's odd."

Krietsit. Now what?
"Can you relax a bit?"
Oh, yeah, I probably should stop gripping the stylus like it was a murder weapon.
"Is that better?"
"Yeah. You didn't have a scan at all until now. It was like you blocked it."

You could block an internal scan? If I could block one, could I fake one?
"You haven't had any more shaking episodes have you?"
"No, why? How'd you know?"
"The living metal in your brain has completely stabilized. Do you have any left in the vial?"
"Yeah, a bit."
"I suggest you take the rest of it in one shot. From what I'm seeing that has developed in your brain, it looks like a piece is missing. You have some completely new neural network structures - meaning that your brain has developed something, but I don't know what yet. It's almost like you've developed a whole new semi-functional module to your brain."
"But what does it do?"
"That I don't know. I've only started to comprehend the structure of the living metal hybridizer, and I have no idea what kind of living metal you've been exposed to in the lab. I'm going to perform brain scans on you as much as possible, so don't think I'm just going to leave you to find out what's happened to you by yourself."
"Thank you."

Krietsit. I'd better go to the wash room.
"Would you please excuse me for a moment?"
"Of course Flower.
Hmmmm. I'd better lock my lumentext. I entered the lock Dune had taught me. I went to the wash room and opened my purse. HELLFIRE! I had forgotten it in my shoes! I'll just run back up to my suite quickly and do it there. I took the walk way back up to my suite, but strangely, the doors were open. I thought back, no, I had shut them. Had they clicked? Yes, I remember the click earlier quite distinctly. The SAFE!
I crept quietly into my suite. Everything had been ripped apart and ransacked. My closet was open and silvery-black male with black-green hair was attempting to open my safe. I quickly picked up the teapot from the bed and crept up behind him.
I tripped on one of the lotus pod luggage cases and crashed the teapot into the side of his head and neck as I fell instead of over his head like I had planned. He fell down into the closet and for a few moments it was a struggle to keep him off me. I kicked as hard as I possibly could, connecting my foot into his chest. I heard a very grotesque snap. I waited for the pain, but it wasn't me. I had hurt *him* ...? He screamed and tried to scramble out of the closet. I kicked him in the knee. He tumbled to the floor screaming. He swung at me and I flew back into the closet, smacking my head into the wall. As I tried to pick myself up out of the closet, I heard him fall onto the fire escape.
"Security! Help!" I screamed.
The security system klaxon wound up.
Within seconds, armed security guards were flying into my suite.
"Flower! Flower! What happened? Are you ok? Get a MEDIC!"
"I came back up to my suite for just a moment, and the doors were open and when I came in my suite looked like this and I saw a slivery-black male with black-green hair in my closet trying to open my safe!"
"There's blood on the window and the rug sir."
"Call the CSI unit."
"Then what happened Flower?"
"I went to smash the teapot over his head, but I tripped and smashed it into the back of his head and neck. I knocked him down as I fell, but then he tried to jump on top of me and I kicked him as hard as he could, and then as he was scrambling out of the closet I kicked his knee and then he hit me so hard I went flying back into the closet."
"Do you know what this male was looking for Flower?"
"I can answer that sir." Zyrenak? "He was looking for a patented fabric that I gave the Flower that is a trade secret of Biolazin and hasn't been released to market yet."
"And you kept this fabric in your safe, Flower?"
"Yes sir."
"Well, you're a very smart and brave Flower. The blood samples he left behind should be enough to track him down. Don't you worry, we'll catch him. Endangering a Flower as valuable as you are is a capital offense."
Shudder.
"Do you wish to take care of her sir?" The guard looked at Zyrenak who was standing in the doors.
"Yes, I'll take care of her. Flower, let's get your things from the safe, and you can stay in another suite temporarily."
"It's a good thing that such valuable Flowers learn how to defend themselves! I'd hate to think what would have happened if you hadn't been trained in defensive arts." The guard helped me to stand in the closet. Yeah, I learned it at the academy.
I opened the safe and took out the lotus pod bag. Zyrenak had my purse. He put his arm around my shoulder and led me out of the suite.
"You seem pretty shaken. I'm going to take you to one of the Flower-only thermal relaxation rooms so that you can freshen up and clean your appearance. Would you like me to bring you some tea?"
"After I clean up, that would be very nice."
He led me down one of the skyway connectors and into a very wonderful smelling hallway. He gestured to the doors.
"Just come back out here when you're finished. I'll be waiting on the ergolounge right over there."
"Ok."
I went in through the doors. It smelled like a light citrusy steam. I sat down on an ergolounge and opened up the pod. Everything was still inside. I flipped open the shoes and pulled out the syringe and vial. Last time. This is the last time. I just have to make it through this last injection. I don't know why, but as I was pulling the plunger back to fill the syringe from the vial, I got very anxious. I thumped the syringe and pushed the plunger to exit any air. Breathe. You've done this numerous times. You've done this so much you've lost count of how many times you've shot up. This is the last time. Yes the syringe is completely full this time, but hell you've sucked up a full hybridizer and whatever that thing was in the lab. I tied off my leg. My arms were too sore to take it.
It will be over soon. Just stick it in and push. It will be over before you know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home