Fire Opal: Scene 3
D Minor Con Stanchezza
I swear I had just closed my eyes when the door chirped. I resisted the urge to swear at the top of my lungs and throw things at the door; it would have been bad on two counts, one-that it wasn't proper Flower behavior, and two-that my head would have exploded from the noise. The door chirping was enough to send my head into a tailspin as it was. I swear the door had crept up next to the bed and had chirped directly into my ear cavity. I got up to answer the door. HOLY HELLFIRE! I WAS NAKED! Oh don't scream at yourself in your head Lyte. Ok I won't do that anymore. That's good because if you do I'm going to kill you. Gotcha. I pulled the sheet off the bed and wrapped myself in it. Ow. Movement hurt. I wanted to hurl. I went to the doors.
"Yes?"
"Flower Water Lotus? I have these texts for you."
"Oh come in." I opened the doors, and saw Intris standing there. Krietsit. His voice had sounded feminine through the doors. I stood out of his way so he could enter the suite. I swear I'm going to go hurl. The lights outside of the doors were too bright. Kill me. Kill me now.
"I-I was going to inform you that early meal would be moved into the cafe on the second floor."
He was staring at my chest. I checked to make sure I was covered. Yeah, I was covered, but he knew I had been sleeping naked. Now what was he staring at?
"Oh? Are they serving coffee or tea?" I could sure as hell use a good strong coffee right now.
"Both, but normally Flowers do not drink coffee..."
"No, I was checking the formality of this morning's meal." Heh. That was a fabulous cover, if I say so myself.
"Of course Flower." His eyes were half red and half yellow this time. "Here are your texts."
He handed me the texts. It was a juggling act for me to hold the sheet and the texts. Optrix cartridges are light but odd shaped and can be unwieldy when you're trying to hold ten of them and a sheet wrapped around you. Ah hellfire. I must have given him a flash of something because his eyes were fully dilated.
"So you will be joining us for the morning meal?" His voice was at least two octaves higher. Oh yeah, I had flashed him. Oh krietsit. Food. Can't throw up now. I'm going to be so sick. HELLFIRE! I'm shaking! Oh Lyte what did I tell you about screaming in your head? Right. Now I have to kill you. Yeah. Just let me puke first. Don't puke right now. Oh krietsit.
"I usually, uh, prefer just some tea..." And about a handful of Naim tabs.
"Would you like me to bring it up to you?"
Oh hell yeah I would.
"No, I shall be down shortly."
"Very good. Please bring your lumentext."
"Of course." I was shaking. krietsit. Another injection would kill me right now. Dune's communication! I hadn't opened it yet. Intris was staring at me again.
"Anything else?" Stop ogling me!
"Oh no. I will see you shortly." He turned toward the doors, giving me one more quick glance out of the corner of his eyes. Take a picture, it'll last longer.
He finally left me alone. I ran to the wash room. That last whiff of his cologne had done it. I emptied the contents of my stomach in one of the most heinous ways possible. It burned coming up and I hate that nasty burned hot acidic taste after you're done dry heaving. Now I needed an injection, bad. I splashed water on my face and pulled out the vial and syringe. Hellfire. This is going to be bad. I tied off my arm and shot up.
The living metal was like pouring ice straight into my veins this time. It was so cold it hurt, and the crawling feeling made me sick. I was puking by the time the living metal crashed into my brain. As it gripped my brain from the inside, I smacked my head on the rim of the toilet. Oh holy hellfire. I was dying this time. I felt hot liquid coming out of my ears. My ears were bleeding. I pulled myself into the bathing basin and turned on the warm water. I flopped onto my back. They're going to find me, dead, in the bathing basin with the water running. I would have done anything to escape the pounding pain. And then the light hit me like a sack of bricks. I watched the light seep into my soaking wet sheet and float all over me. It was spraying down on me like the water. I was drowning in light. Finally. Everything settled down and I felt the white hot heat of information.
I washed up. I took my Kyr out of my special shoes and popped it in the DPU.
"Something appropriate as an attache female attending conferences. Oh, and I need an appropriate bag to carry all of my optrix cartridges and the lumentext."
Chirp Chirp Chirp.
I would be attending conferences or some such nonsense today, I hoped. Otherwise I'll be inappropriately dressed all day. Ok, now to pull open the communications from Dune.
I pulled down the interface and saw many messages waiting for me from Dune. I opened the urgent one first.
"Lyte! I've discovered that the living metal doesn't necessarily have to be injected, depending on it's specific structure formulation. Some of the structures could be put into tabs because the living metal will seep into your skin."
Yeah. I found that out already. It doesn't "seep" it claws it's way through your skin, well, without real claws anyway.
"It's also possible that certain structures can just be inserted via laser surgery and you won't need any updates. The living metal delivery method really depends on the structure and function. Also, just as different atoms can form and reform to create totally different compounds, living metal has similar principles. Depending on the scripted structure, you could have compound effects - meaning that living metal sample 1 and living metal sample 2 could combine together and create living metal sample 3."
Uhhhhh. I was a breathing living metal lab experiment. Nice.
Chirp Chirp Chirp!
I took my clothes out of the unit and dressed. Hey! That was a very nice messenger bag for the optrix cartridges and lumentext. The top flap was the only flowery portion of it, the rest of the bag was extremely efficient.
Beep. Beep.
Oh, the DPU needed refill cartridges. I'll tell Intris later.
Ugh. I was in super foo foo mode again. Itxata had said, when in doubt go for extra fluff. I gathered my lumentext and the optrix cartridges and put them in the my new messenger bag. I noticed that the cartridges all had names of very large corporations on their spines. Uhhh. Corporations? I popped my Kyr, vial, and syringe into my purse. What would I need so much data about corporations for? Biolazin? I have a cartridge on Biolazin? Why would I need information about a corporation that produces textiles? I painted my face in the mirror and pulled my hair up into bows and flowers. I squirted myself with some scent that Itxata had packed. There. I looked like a plastic doll. Gah. I picked up my messenger bag and my purse and slipped my shoes on. Textiles?
I glided down the walk way to the second floor, and followed the heavenly scent of coffee to the cafe. GAH. The cafe had a central table filled with corporate representatives, political representatives, and a few other attaches (I'm assuming), like myself.
"Ah good, Flower Water Lotus, attache to Arcson Tryst Suiryoku of Water Arkhitecture, thank you for joining us. I trust the jet lag from your trip has ceded now?"
GAH. I was late. "Yes, I am much better, thank you."
"Flowers always have a rough time with the heat and time shifts." One of the corporate representatives smiled at me. Zyrenak. His nameplate said Zyrenak. Uhhhh which corporation graphic was that on his suit jacket? I pulled down my interface as I was being seated at the table in Tryst's spot. I searched for Zyrenak. Biolazin. Biolazin has an abstracted graphic of a cloud and reed grasses? Uhhhh right.
"Your tea, Flower?"
"Oh uh, Sakura Green, please."
The hostess placed a tea cup with an infuser in front of me. She poured hot water into my cup.
I sipped it silently and pulled out my lumentext, as I saw other Flowers had theirs open. I popped in my Biolazin cartridge and looked up. Zyrenak was stil smiling at me. He had pure black skin, blue-black hair and blue-brown eyes. His ears were pierced. How in the hellfire did he scan-in with all those baubles on his ears?
"If I may direct your attention to our first issue, the dumping of pollutants nanochromo-7, nanochromo-18a, nanochromo-i4b, and martylextite-polycontan-k12 into the river Mantse." Intris projected the newsmedia data into the center of the table.
"We all know that the only company here that still produces those by-products is Biolazin!" A male with dark sandy hair, sand-colored eyes, and creamy skin with brownish-red freckles pounded his fist on the table. I squinted to see his nametag. Tao. Which crest was that? Zergtek-L Industries... they make Wetware. Ohhhh I was so happy to have my mesh-x interface.
"With all due respect Tao, Biolazin has never had any of those chemicals as by-products of our textile processes. Zergtek-L, however, has been fined for the use of polychromite-LD10 and nanomilite-chrontin." Zyrenak had slightly shifted his gaze from me to the infuriated representative.
"Now Zyrenak, you can't hold Zergtek-L responsible for the actions of unscrupulous inviduals more than two administrations ago..."
Ikaen? Is that what his tag said? Ikaen? Of... Xeno-Chase Xerandra Holdings Group.... What do they do? Oh. They have companies that produce transports. These weren't just large corporations, these were THE key industrial corporations that were responsible for nearly all aspects of technological advances.
Biolazin. I pulled up more information on the history of Biolazin... they had created the first DPUs. Their innate knowledge of textile formation had led them to be able to create a unit that produced dimensional items because of the weaving nature of molecules forming objects, layer by layer. Ah. That's why they were included in this group of obviously technological corporations. Eh. I had this odd feeling on the back of my neck, like not only were all the hairs standing up, but that they were poking me.
Zyrenak, he was still staring at me.
Ah holy hellfire. I was shaking already.
I swear I had just closed my eyes when the door chirped. I resisted the urge to swear at the top of my lungs and throw things at the door; it would have been bad on two counts, one-that it wasn't proper Flower behavior, and two-that my head would have exploded from the noise. The door chirping was enough to send my head into a tailspin as it was. I swear the door had crept up next to the bed and had chirped directly into my ear cavity. I got up to answer the door. HOLY HELLFIRE! I WAS NAKED! Oh don't scream at yourself in your head Lyte. Ok I won't do that anymore. That's good because if you do I'm going to kill you. Gotcha. I pulled the sheet off the bed and wrapped myself in it. Ow. Movement hurt. I wanted to hurl. I went to the doors.
"Yes?"
"Flower Water Lotus? I have these texts for you."
"Oh come in." I opened the doors, and saw Intris standing there. Krietsit. His voice had sounded feminine through the doors. I stood out of his way so he could enter the suite. I swear I'm going to go hurl. The lights outside of the doors were too bright. Kill me. Kill me now.
"I-I was going to inform you that early meal would be moved into the cafe on the second floor."
He was staring at my chest. I checked to make sure I was covered. Yeah, I was covered, but he knew I had been sleeping naked. Now what was he staring at?
"Oh? Are they serving coffee or tea?" I could sure as hell use a good strong coffee right now.
"Both, but normally Flowers do not drink coffee..."
"No, I was checking the formality of this morning's meal." Heh. That was a fabulous cover, if I say so myself.
"Of course Flower." His eyes were half red and half yellow this time. "Here are your texts."
He handed me the texts. It was a juggling act for me to hold the sheet and the texts. Optrix cartridges are light but odd shaped and can be unwieldy when you're trying to hold ten of them and a sheet wrapped around you. Ah hellfire. I must have given him a flash of something because his eyes were fully dilated.
"So you will be joining us for the morning meal?" His voice was at least two octaves higher. Oh yeah, I had flashed him. Oh krietsit. Food. Can't throw up now. I'm going to be so sick. HELLFIRE! I'm shaking! Oh Lyte what did I tell you about screaming in your head? Right. Now I have to kill you. Yeah. Just let me puke first. Don't puke right now. Oh krietsit.
"I usually, uh, prefer just some tea..." And about a handful of Naim tabs.
"Would you like me to bring it up to you?"
Oh hell yeah I would.
"No, I shall be down shortly."
"Very good. Please bring your lumentext."
"Of course." I was shaking. krietsit. Another injection would kill me right now. Dune's communication! I hadn't opened it yet. Intris was staring at me again.
"Anything else?" Stop ogling me!
"Oh no. I will see you shortly." He turned toward the doors, giving me one more quick glance out of the corner of his eyes. Take a picture, it'll last longer.
He finally left me alone. I ran to the wash room. That last whiff of his cologne had done it. I emptied the contents of my stomach in one of the most heinous ways possible. It burned coming up and I hate that nasty burned hot acidic taste after you're done dry heaving. Now I needed an injection, bad. I splashed water on my face and pulled out the vial and syringe. Hellfire. This is going to be bad. I tied off my arm and shot up.
The living metal was like pouring ice straight into my veins this time. It was so cold it hurt, and the crawling feeling made me sick. I was puking by the time the living metal crashed into my brain. As it gripped my brain from the inside, I smacked my head on the rim of the toilet. Oh holy hellfire. I was dying this time. I felt hot liquid coming out of my ears. My ears were bleeding. I pulled myself into the bathing basin and turned on the warm water. I flopped onto my back. They're going to find me, dead, in the bathing basin with the water running. I would have done anything to escape the pounding pain. And then the light hit me like a sack of bricks. I watched the light seep into my soaking wet sheet and float all over me. It was spraying down on me like the water. I was drowning in light. Finally. Everything settled down and I felt the white hot heat of information.
I washed up. I took my Kyr out of my special shoes and popped it in the DPU.
"Something appropriate as an attache female attending conferences. Oh, and I need an appropriate bag to carry all of my optrix cartridges and the lumentext."
Chirp Chirp Chirp.
I would be attending conferences or some such nonsense today, I hoped. Otherwise I'll be inappropriately dressed all day. Ok, now to pull open the communications from Dune.
I pulled down the interface and saw many messages waiting for me from Dune. I opened the urgent one first.
"Lyte! I've discovered that the living metal doesn't necessarily have to be injected, depending on it's specific structure formulation. Some of the structures could be put into tabs because the living metal will seep into your skin."
Yeah. I found that out already. It doesn't "seep" it claws it's way through your skin, well, without real claws anyway.
"It's also possible that certain structures can just be inserted via laser surgery and you won't need any updates. The living metal delivery method really depends on the structure and function. Also, just as different atoms can form and reform to create totally different compounds, living metal has similar principles. Depending on the scripted structure, you could have compound effects - meaning that living metal sample 1 and living metal sample 2 could combine together and create living metal sample 3."
Uhhhhh. I was a breathing living metal lab experiment. Nice.
Chirp Chirp Chirp!
I took my clothes out of the unit and dressed. Hey! That was a very nice messenger bag for the optrix cartridges and lumentext. The top flap was the only flowery portion of it, the rest of the bag was extremely efficient.
Beep. Beep.
Oh, the DPU needed refill cartridges. I'll tell Intris later.
Ugh. I was in super foo foo mode again. Itxata had said, when in doubt go for extra fluff. I gathered my lumentext and the optrix cartridges and put them in the my new messenger bag. I noticed that the cartridges all had names of very large corporations on their spines. Uhhh. Corporations? I popped my Kyr, vial, and syringe into my purse. What would I need so much data about corporations for? Biolazin? I have a cartridge on Biolazin? Why would I need information about a corporation that produces textiles? I painted my face in the mirror and pulled my hair up into bows and flowers. I squirted myself with some scent that Itxata had packed. There. I looked like a plastic doll. Gah. I picked up my messenger bag and my purse and slipped my shoes on. Textiles?
I glided down the walk way to the second floor, and followed the heavenly scent of coffee to the cafe. GAH. The cafe had a central table filled with corporate representatives, political representatives, and a few other attaches (I'm assuming), like myself.
"Ah good, Flower Water Lotus, attache to Arcson Tryst Suiryoku of Water Arkhitecture, thank you for joining us. I trust the jet lag from your trip has ceded now?"
GAH. I was late. "Yes, I am much better, thank you."
"Flowers always have a rough time with the heat and time shifts." One of the corporate representatives smiled at me. Zyrenak. His nameplate said Zyrenak. Uhhhh which corporation graphic was that on his suit jacket? I pulled down my interface as I was being seated at the table in Tryst's spot. I searched for Zyrenak. Biolazin. Biolazin has an abstracted graphic of a cloud and reed grasses? Uhhhh right.
"Your tea, Flower?"
"Oh uh, Sakura Green, please."
The hostess placed a tea cup with an infuser in front of me. She poured hot water into my cup.
I sipped it silently and pulled out my lumentext, as I saw other Flowers had theirs open. I popped in my Biolazin cartridge and looked up. Zyrenak was stil smiling at me. He had pure black skin, blue-black hair and blue-brown eyes. His ears were pierced. How in the hellfire did he scan-in with all those baubles on his ears?
"If I may direct your attention to our first issue, the dumping of pollutants nanochromo-7, nanochromo-18a, nanochromo-i4b, and martylextite-polycontan-k12 into the river Mantse." Intris projected the newsmedia data into the center of the table.
"We all know that the only company here that still produces those by-products is Biolazin!" A male with dark sandy hair, sand-colored eyes, and creamy skin with brownish-red freckles pounded his fist on the table. I squinted to see his nametag. Tao. Which crest was that? Zergtek-L Industries... they make Wetware. Ohhhh I was so happy to have my mesh-x interface.
"With all due respect Tao, Biolazin has never had any of those chemicals as by-products of our textile processes. Zergtek-L, however, has been fined for the use of polychromite-LD10 and nanomilite-chrontin." Zyrenak had slightly shifted his gaze from me to the infuriated representative.
"Now Zyrenak, you can't hold Zergtek-L responsible for the actions of unscrupulous inviduals more than two administrations ago..."
Ikaen? Is that what his tag said? Ikaen? Of... Xeno-Chase Xerandra Holdings Group.... What do they do? Oh. They have companies that produce transports. These weren't just large corporations, these were THE key industrial corporations that were responsible for nearly all aspects of technological advances.
Biolazin. I pulled up more information on the history of Biolazin... they had created the first DPUs. Their innate knowledge of textile formation had led them to be able to create a unit that produced dimensional items because of the weaving nature of molecules forming objects, layer by layer. Ah. That's why they were included in this group of obviously technological corporations. Eh. I had this odd feeling on the back of my neck, like not only were all the hairs standing up, but that they were poking me.
Zyrenak, he was still staring at me.
Ah holy hellfire. I was shaking already.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home