Fire Opal: Scene 4
D Minor Sempre Calcando
"And we'll break for mid meal. It is being served in the gallery." Intris snapped his lumentext shut. I was shaking so hard I could barely pack my items and run to the wash room. Holy hellfire those representative could talk until their mouths fell off. I went into one of the stalls and hung up my messenger bag to get at the syringe and vial in my purse. Eh. My arms and legs would show the injection when I went back out to join them. Uhhh. Between my toes? Yeah. I pulled my feet up onto the rim of the toilet. The wash room doors opened.
"Is anyone in here?"
"No, I don't see any feet under the stalls."
Two females were talking.
"Can you believe the attache from the Water Arkhitecture?"
"No! She was so full of herself! And did you see her bands?"
"She probably swiped them from underground market."
"No joke. I doubt she's really even a true Flower. I mean, come on - when was the last time we had a Water Lotus? I sincerely think she forced it."
"She had to, just like her fake bands. I mean get real - NO ONE has perfect genes anymore! Who does she think she's fooling?"
"Apparently all the males. They didn't stop staring at her!"
"I bet her skin is chemically bleached. She's probably some nasty dark red Fire female, but she's bleached her skin to look white. I mean, everyone knows there isn't any true Energy race individuals anymore! They were destroyed-completely wiped out!"
"We should find some way to trip her up."
The doors opened.
"Are you talking about that new female?"
"Of course! She's so fake I can't even stand it!"
"I know! White skin? Water Lotus? AND THOSE BANDS? Perfect Era Genes my ASS!"
The females all laughed.
I WAS BOILING.
"Hey, we should try to do something during mid meal to trip her up so that she's banished from the conferences."
"Oh yeah, that should be easy to do, I mean, *EVERYONE* can tell she's a total fake!"
"We might even get her tried as a weed!"
"Oh wouldn't that be perfect?"
"I bet she is a weed!"
"Oh I know she is!"
"Of course the males are totally blinded by her."
"Of course."
"I bet that's not even her real hair."
"It can't be. No one has ever had that color before."
"Wouldn't it be hysterical if it were a wig and we pulled it off her head?"
They laughed again. It took everything I had not to jump out of the stall and stab them with my needle. They left the wash room.
I was so angry. I was livid. I put the needle in between my toes into the vein and pushed the plunger. It didn't crawl this time, it raced through my system like a cold shock. I could feel it grab onto my brain and fill it. I'm not sure if my anger stopped the pain or what, but I didn't get the same head exploding feeling. I did get the massive flooding of light however. This time it was all down my spine. I could feel the light all the down my spine. Ahhhh.
Dune was scanned-in. I could see his persona tag in the bottom of my interface.
I had an idea.
I brought up Dune's tag. "Hey, are you busy?"
"No. What's up?" His persona popped up in the bottom of my interface. I brought up the CLI.
"How hard would it be to change the official records for personnel?"
"Well, depending on what you wanted to change, and assuming you had access to said file, it would most likely not be that difficult. Why?"
"So say that some females had just totally trashed me, in front of me, without them knowing I was here... and they called me a fake and such..."
"And you wanted to trash them?"
"Yeah."
"Oh hell, that's not hard. Female files are the easiest to trash. In fact, that's probably the exact reason most females aren't given scan-in access. Do you know their Flowers / Owner's status?"
"Yes I do."
"Ok, then, first search for their name in the correct mesh-x controller. You'll need to be localized to their specific controller."
The pink nightmare was first. Flower Cyclamen owned by Teine Dathan. Dathan is from Soil Arkhitecture. I initiated the Soil mesh-x controller.
"What kind of file am I looking for?"
"What do you want to do to the female?"
Anyone that fake needs to be weeded out. heh.
"You think placing her on trial for being a weed is too harsh?"
"Holy hellfire Lyte! She could be executed!"
"Yeah, I know."
"Ah Krietsit. Well, if that's what you want to do... Her files will be stored in hack home hack owned - and you're looking for files that begin with her full owners name before her flower name."
Hack home hack owned.... Teine Dathan... Cyclamen. There she is.
"You'll probably want to ru-edit her file with either status or current in the name."
"I thought ru-edits were only for sudo scans."
"Normally yes... but for all intents and purposes, you're hyped."
And that changes my access... right. I found the current file and ru-edited it. Down in the file were lines that had been commented out. The inline documentation said these lines related to status investigations, and showed some examples. heh. She was not going to know what hit her. I changed her investigation status to reflect a random weed check as positive, and then subsequent weed tests as positives as well. Then, just to be sure it happened quickly, I changed her roaming status to possibly eluding detection. heh.
"Oh you're going to want to alter the date/time stamp. You know how to fake that, right?"
"Yeah, how do you think my assignments were always on time?"
He laughed. When I checked the file, sure enough, it had reported that the controller had been updated by an authorized user, and not my current scan-in. I did the same to the other two Flowers.
"Are you going to put out alerts for their authority bands?"
"Just did. The next time they scan, they are in for one hell of a ride."
"So what happened to you over there?"
"I had a living metal hybridizer force it's way into my spine and brain."
"WHAT?!"
"Yeah, I went to steal it, but then it forced it's way into my system."
"Why-wait, is it still inside you?"
"Yeah, and I'm having to take injections constantly."
"I'm going to have to research what the hybridizer's main structures are in order to tell you what you've done to yourself..."
"I'm ok, I'm just a bit shaky."
"And you're ruthless."
"I'm not ruthless! I think I'm doing the world a favor by removing those genes from society."
"That's pretty cold."
"You don't hear how females talk about other females. It's disgusting."
"You wouldn't think such pretty creatures could have an ugly side to them."
I grunted. Pretty? I had harbored a dislike of females before, but now it was war.
"I have to get back to mid meal before the rest of the conferences today."
"Gah. You sound like you're in academy."
"Oh, it's worse. You at least learn something in academy. These corporate reps just argue until their tongues fall out."
He laughed again.
"I'll catch you again in a bit."
"Tell me how it goes."
"Will do." I hid the interface and left the stall. I washed my hands and primped a bit. Heh. I couldn't help but smile. I went back out to the gallery.
"There you are Flower Water Lotus! I'd like to go over the Water Arkhitecture's views on proposal 2212 - the new open access bill. I've saved you a seat here." Intris had muscled me over to the table with all of the males. He still shocked me when he touched my skin. Maybe all Fires have that effect? I noticed the females were all sitting together at a table off to the side. I gave them one of my sweetest smiles possible. Three of them gave me glares. Heh. I sat at the male table in the seat that was empty. A foo foo salad and clear drink had been prepared for me. For the first time ever, I think I truly enjoyed my foo foo salad and my light fruit drink thingy. I could never remember the name of it.
I was sitting in a large conference room going over yet another proposal (YAP), completely drained by all of the talking, when a hostess came in and talked to Intris. I started smiling again. Intris nodded to the hostess.
"Will you please excuse me for just a moment?" He went out the doors, behind the hostess. When he returned, several males were with him wearing prominent Bureau of Weed Investigations (BWI) uniforms. The three Flowers were staring at me, smiling. I was smiling sweetly. They thought the males were there for me, I know that's what they thought.
I saw Intris whisper to the three.
"But we're not the weeds, SHE IS!" The pink nightmare pointed to me. She jumped up out of her seat and threw off any attempts to grab her. "Can't you see how fake she is? I mean look at her skin! It's white! Everyone knows the ENTIRE ENERGY RACE WAS DEMOLISHED! LOOK AT HER BANDS! THERE IS NO WAY SHE'S CERTIFIED PERFECT GENES!" The pink nightmare was screaming at the top of her voice, near foaming at the mouth she was so angry. The other two were glaring at me the hardest they possibly could. I just smiled sweetly.
"SHE DID THIS! SHE'S THE WEED! SHE DID THIS TO US! SHE DID IT! SHE DID IT!" The males jumped on her and forced her to the ground and then tied her hands and feet. The pink nightware was hauled out by the males, writhing and screaming. The other two had been cuffed and were being forcefully pushed out of the conference room. The silence seemed deafening.
The hostess came back in and whispered something else in Intris' ear before scuttling back out of the conference room.
"I apologize to our corporate friends for the disruptive inconvenience." He bowed.
"I have had all of our remaining Flowers' records pulled for your assurance. The remaining Flowers all have spotless records, and if you wish to see for yourself, please simply connect to our in-building controller and pull down the files."
The males from the corporations all scanned-in. Intris came over to me.
"I apologize for such a disruptive display. I assure you, we do not question your heritage nor banding." He accidentally touched my arm and the spark from contact with him nearly made me yell.
I nodded. He went to the each of the other Flowers. I initiated contact with the local controller and viewed my file. Wow. I didn't know that those males had verified my race, my flower, AND my genetic makeup. Oh joy. I had been certified. I was a *certified* Energy race female, a *certified* Peacock Water Lotus hybrid, and had a *certified* one-hundred-percent Perfect Genetic Makeup. I felt like a box of produce. I only buy *certified* organic produce. I'll show them what they can certify. Oh look, the certifiers each had to eyeprint verify their findings. Whoopie. I'm sure glad I'm verified to be certified.
Zyrenak and Ikaen were both staring at me. Hellfire. Yes, I'm all that. Whoopdy doo. I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes. All of those *certifications* mean exactly nil. Not a single one talks about my intelligence or my knowledge or anything of real value. I was stamped, graded, and packaged up like a block of food product. GAH!
"I suggest we take a small break and enjoy some refreshments and a walk in the gardens below."
"What an excellent idea Intris. Flower Water Lotus would you join me in a light walk?" Zyrenak stared directly into my eyes. Intris and Ikaen looked rather put off. The other corporate reps had a slight smirk on their faces. The Flowers just smiled sweetly at me.
Sigh. It's not like I could say no. I'd give anything to be out of here.
"Of course Representative Zyrenak, I'd be delighted." I smiled sweetly, but I wanted to puke all over myself. I felt like such a caged animal. I wanted to escape! I needed to get away from all the foo foo! GAAAAAAAAAAH!
"And we'll break for mid meal. It is being served in the gallery." Intris snapped his lumentext shut. I was shaking so hard I could barely pack my items and run to the wash room. Holy hellfire those representative could talk until their mouths fell off. I went into one of the stalls and hung up my messenger bag to get at the syringe and vial in my purse. Eh. My arms and legs would show the injection when I went back out to join them. Uhhh. Between my toes? Yeah. I pulled my feet up onto the rim of the toilet. The wash room doors opened.
"Is anyone in here?"
"No, I don't see any feet under the stalls."
Two females were talking.
"Can you believe the attache from the Water Arkhitecture?"
"No! She was so full of herself! And did you see her bands?"
"She probably swiped them from underground market."
"No joke. I doubt she's really even a true Flower. I mean, come on - when was the last time we had a Water Lotus? I sincerely think she forced it."
"She had to, just like her fake bands. I mean get real - NO ONE has perfect genes anymore! Who does she think she's fooling?"
"Apparently all the males. They didn't stop staring at her!"
"I bet her skin is chemically bleached. She's probably some nasty dark red Fire female, but she's bleached her skin to look white. I mean, everyone knows there isn't any true Energy race individuals anymore! They were destroyed-completely wiped out!"
"We should find some way to trip her up."
The doors opened.
"Are you talking about that new female?"
"Of course! She's so fake I can't even stand it!"
"I know! White skin? Water Lotus? AND THOSE BANDS? Perfect Era Genes my ASS!"
The females all laughed.
I WAS BOILING.
"Hey, we should try to do something during mid meal to trip her up so that she's banished from the conferences."
"Oh yeah, that should be easy to do, I mean, *EVERYONE* can tell she's a total fake!"
"We might even get her tried as a weed!"
"Oh wouldn't that be perfect?"
"I bet she is a weed!"
"Oh I know she is!"
"Of course the males are totally blinded by her."
"Of course."
"I bet that's not even her real hair."
"It can't be. No one has ever had that color before."
"Wouldn't it be hysterical if it were a wig and we pulled it off her head?"
They laughed again. It took everything I had not to jump out of the stall and stab them with my needle. They left the wash room.
I was so angry. I was livid. I put the needle in between my toes into the vein and pushed the plunger. It didn't crawl this time, it raced through my system like a cold shock. I could feel it grab onto my brain and fill it. I'm not sure if my anger stopped the pain or what, but I didn't get the same head exploding feeling. I did get the massive flooding of light however. This time it was all down my spine. I could feel the light all the down my spine. Ahhhh.
Dune was scanned-in. I could see his persona tag in the bottom of my interface.
I had an idea.
I brought up Dune's tag. "Hey, are you busy?"
"No. What's up?" His persona popped up in the bottom of my interface. I brought up the CLI.
"How hard would it be to change the official records for personnel?"
"Well, depending on what you wanted to change, and assuming you had access to said file, it would most likely not be that difficult. Why?"
"So say that some females had just totally trashed me, in front of me, without them knowing I was here... and they called me a fake and such..."
"And you wanted to trash them?"
"Yeah."
"Oh hell, that's not hard. Female files are the easiest to trash. In fact, that's probably the exact reason most females aren't given scan-in access. Do you know their Flowers / Owner's status?"
"Yes I do."
"Ok, then, first search for their name in the correct mesh-x controller. You'll need to be localized to their specific controller."
The pink nightmare was first. Flower Cyclamen owned by Teine Dathan. Dathan is from Soil Arkhitecture. I initiated the Soil mesh-x controller.
"What kind of file am I looking for?"
"What do you want to do to the female?"
Anyone that fake needs to be weeded out. heh.
"You think placing her on trial for being a weed is too harsh?"
"Holy hellfire Lyte! She could be executed!"
"Yeah, I know."
"Ah Krietsit. Well, if that's what you want to do... Her files will be stored in hack home hack owned - and you're looking for files that begin with her full owners name before her flower name."
Hack home hack owned.... Teine Dathan... Cyclamen. There she is.
"You'll probably want to ru-edit her file with either status or current in the name."
"I thought ru-edits were only for sudo scans."
"Normally yes... but for all intents and purposes, you're hyped."
And that changes my access... right. I found the current file and ru-edited it. Down in the file were lines that had been commented out. The inline documentation said these lines related to status investigations, and showed some examples. heh. She was not going to know what hit her. I changed her investigation status to reflect a random weed check as positive, and then subsequent weed tests as positives as well. Then, just to be sure it happened quickly, I changed her roaming status to possibly eluding detection. heh.
"Oh you're going to want to alter the date/time stamp. You know how to fake that, right?"
"Yeah, how do you think my assignments were always on time?"
He laughed. When I checked the file, sure enough, it had reported that the controller had been updated by an authorized user, and not my current scan-in. I did the same to the other two Flowers.
"Are you going to put out alerts for their authority bands?"
"Just did. The next time they scan, they are in for one hell of a ride."
"So what happened to you over there?"
"I had a living metal hybridizer force it's way into my spine and brain."
"WHAT?!"
"Yeah, I went to steal it, but then it forced it's way into my system."
"Why-wait, is it still inside you?"
"Yeah, and I'm having to take injections constantly."
"I'm going to have to research what the hybridizer's main structures are in order to tell you what you've done to yourself..."
"I'm ok, I'm just a bit shaky."
"And you're ruthless."
"I'm not ruthless! I think I'm doing the world a favor by removing those genes from society."
"That's pretty cold."
"You don't hear how females talk about other females. It's disgusting."
"You wouldn't think such pretty creatures could have an ugly side to them."
I grunted. Pretty? I had harbored a dislike of females before, but now it was war.
"I have to get back to mid meal before the rest of the conferences today."
"Gah. You sound like you're in academy."
"Oh, it's worse. You at least learn something in academy. These corporate reps just argue until their tongues fall out."
He laughed again.
"I'll catch you again in a bit."
"Tell me how it goes."
"Will do." I hid the interface and left the stall. I washed my hands and primped a bit. Heh. I couldn't help but smile. I went back out to the gallery.
"There you are Flower Water Lotus! I'd like to go over the Water Arkhitecture's views on proposal 2212 - the new open access bill. I've saved you a seat here." Intris had muscled me over to the table with all of the males. He still shocked me when he touched my skin. Maybe all Fires have that effect? I noticed the females were all sitting together at a table off to the side. I gave them one of my sweetest smiles possible. Three of them gave me glares. Heh. I sat at the male table in the seat that was empty. A foo foo salad and clear drink had been prepared for me. For the first time ever, I think I truly enjoyed my foo foo salad and my light fruit drink thingy. I could never remember the name of it.
I was sitting in a large conference room going over yet another proposal (YAP), completely drained by all of the talking, when a hostess came in and talked to Intris. I started smiling again. Intris nodded to the hostess.
"Will you please excuse me for just a moment?" He went out the doors, behind the hostess. When he returned, several males were with him wearing prominent Bureau of Weed Investigations (BWI) uniforms. The three Flowers were staring at me, smiling. I was smiling sweetly. They thought the males were there for me, I know that's what they thought.
I saw Intris whisper to the three.
"But we're not the weeds, SHE IS!" The pink nightmare pointed to me. She jumped up out of her seat and threw off any attempts to grab her. "Can't you see how fake she is? I mean look at her skin! It's white! Everyone knows the ENTIRE ENERGY RACE WAS DEMOLISHED! LOOK AT HER BANDS! THERE IS NO WAY SHE'S CERTIFIED PERFECT GENES!" The pink nightmare was screaming at the top of her voice, near foaming at the mouth she was so angry. The other two were glaring at me the hardest they possibly could. I just smiled sweetly.
"SHE DID THIS! SHE'S THE WEED! SHE DID THIS TO US! SHE DID IT! SHE DID IT!" The males jumped on her and forced her to the ground and then tied her hands and feet. The pink nightware was hauled out by the males, writhing and screaming. The other two had been cuffed and were being forcefully pushed out of the conference room. The silence seemed deafening.
The hostess came back in and whispered something else in Intris' ear before scuttling back out of the conference room.
"I apologize to our corporate friends for the disruptive inconvenience." He bowed.
"I have had all of our remaining Flowers' records pulled for your assurance. The remaining Flowers all have spotless records, and if you wish to see for yourself, please simply connect to our in-building controller and pull down the files."
The males from the corporations all scanned-in. Intris came over to me.
"I apologize for such a disruptive display. I assure you, we do not question your heritage nor banding." He accidentally touched my arm and the spark from contact with him nearly made me yell.
I nodded. He went to the each of the other Flowers. I initiated contact with the local controller and viewed my file. Wow. I didn't know that those males had verified my race, my flower, AND my genetic makeup. Oh joy. I had been certified. I was a *certified* Energy race female, a *certified* Peacock Water Lotus hybrid, and had a *certified* one-hundred-percent Perfect Genetic Makeup. I felt like a box of produce. I only buy *certified* organic produce. I'll show them what they can certify. Oh look, the certifiers each had to eyeprint verify their findings. Whoopie. I'm sure glad I'm verified to be certified.
Zyrenak and Ikaen were both staring at me. Hellfire. Yes, I'm all that. Whoopdy doo. I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes. All of those *certifications* mean exactly nil. Not a single one talks about my intelligence or my knowledge or anything of real value. I was stamped, graded, and packaged up like a block of food product. GAH!
"I suggest we take a small break and enjoy some refreshments and a walk in the gardens below."
"What an excellent idea Intris. Flower Water Lotus would you join me in a light walk?" Zyrenak stared directly into my eyes. Intris and Ikaen looked rather put off. The other corporate reps had a slight smirk on their faces. The Flowers just smiled sweetly at me.
Sigh. It's not like I could say no. I'd give anything to be out of here.
"Of course Representative Zyrenak, I'd be delighted." I smiled sweetly, but I wanted to puke all over myself. I felt like such a caged animal. I wanted to escape! I needed to get away from all the foo foo! GAAAAAAAAAAH!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home